We just saw this…There are video games where the objective is to "eat souls": To *Eat* or Not to *Eat* Boss Souls? – Dark Souls II

via To *Eat* or Not to *Eat* Boss Souls? – Dark Souls II – Giant Bomb

We were doing a Google search for something and this came up. Apparently there are video games where the players eat Boss souls to gain strength. This is really disgusting and disturbing to us. We know that Bea is behind putting such games on the market. She hates humans and consumes their souls to cause pain to David, who created humans. Please don’t play games where an objective is to consume souls. That is Satanic all the way. You have a soul. It is a sacred connection to your Creator, David. And Satanic Bea consumes your souls when she can. Do not also play a video game she created to engage humans in her Satanic practice. She does that sort of thing to taunt David.

Here’s the discussion we stumbled upon, it is a couple years old but I am sure there will be other games with the same objective, because Bea loves doing this sort of thing. Gross. It is unwittingly mocking your own destruction.

Poll: To *Eat* or Not to *Eat* Boss Souls? (207 votes)

Boss souls are yummy! Eat up and grow strong! 33%
Boss souls are not food! They’re for higher learning. 67%

Do you eat boss souls or not? For the uninitiated, boss souls are also required for some crafting and learning special magic. At least that’s how it was in previous games.

I’m eating like a boss, because I’m going 100% physical *Tower Shield & Great Weapon* type of character. What need do I have for the finer things in life, if I can just shrug it all off and beat it into pulp with an avalanche of steel?

What about you?

#2 Posted by Scruggs (27 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
The boss souls are my trophies and I don’t like to lose them.
#3 Posted by azrailx (573 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
dont eat them, they can be made into cool weapons and SICK tower shieldsi can give a guide to getting the to boss weapon crafters if anyone needs
#4 Posted by Demoskinos (17293 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I’m going to save them until I at least know what kind of weapons I can make with them. I heard you can make The Pursuer’s great sword.
#5 Posted by Nux (2714 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
If it is my first runthough of the game I will not eat boss souls. I’ll keep them and see if I can craft them into a special weapon that I might use. On the second runthrough I’ll eat boss souls if I know they make weapons that I know I will never use.
#6 Posted by ADAMWD (712 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
Only the early boss souls.
#7 Posted by Jocund (127 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
Eat boss souls? What am I, some kind of savage?!@demoskinos: Hell yes you can. That shit is so bomb it’s ridiculous.
#8 Posted by Demoskinos (17293 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@jocund: Oh yeah? What are the requirements?
#9 Posted by Sterling (4073 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@demoskinos: Just his soul. You don’t make them, you trade them for the item. The boss soul and 1500 souls per item.Don’t consume any of them. They don’t give you crap in the way of souls. Most do not even go above 8000 when consumed. And you get way better equipment for trading. There are two traders. One about almost mid game, and another about 3/4ths of the way in the game. They each give you different things for the boss souls. But only a few souls they each can give you things for. So save them until you have found both of these boss soul traders before consuming them. As you never know what cool item you might get for them.
#10 Posted by StrainedEyes (1365 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I keep them. I’d much rather someday make the boss weapons instead of getting a few thousand souls.
#11 Edited by azrailx (573 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago

you can, it looks pretty cool

#12 Posted by gaminghooligan (1817 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I’ve been saving them, aside from the Last Giant Soul I ate accidentally. I haven’t had a huge problem getting souls so far.
#13 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
My first run-through is the first time I’ve actually eaten the boss souls. I normally don’t use them for anything, EVEN CRAFTING WEAPONS. Actually, no, I made Queelaag’s Furysword once but it wasn’t that great.
#14 Posted by Demoskinos (17293 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
#15 Posted by Sterling (4073 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@demoskinos: Putting this info in spoilers for those that don’t want to know yet.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (17293 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@sterling: Ah cool. Thanks. I remember seeing him but I used the item you need for him on another NPC that required it.
#17 Posted by kishinfoulux (3158 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
Boss souls almost never make good weapons. Even if they don’t give a ton of souls (they really should give more) why wouldn’t I eat it, instead of trading for some worthless item I’ll never use? It’s been great for getting an extra level here and there.
#18 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1985 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
Im waiting till I see the crafting options. I did make the halbard from the Old Dragonslayer soul, and that weapon has been doing me good.
#19 Posted by katimanic (207 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@sterling said:

sorry if this is a stupid question but is the first boss the dude in chains with the big sword?

#20 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1844 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@sterling: OH IT’S SO TEMPTING TO CLICK. I have to resist.
#21 Posted by Neonie (438 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I don’t like the terminology “eating” souls. I am more on the line of “Popping” souls and effigy’s and stuff. “Eating” them just sounds gross.
#22 Posted by Sterling (4073 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
#23 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2269 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I ate the giant’s, but I’ve saved the others. You already level super fast, anyway
#24 Posted by Fredchuckdave (9914 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
Well, the problem with boss souls is the upgrade materials for the weapon are obscenely rare (you need 15 to upgrade one fully) so you’ll just have 40 weapons and only one or two of them to upgrade. Of course if you eat the Dragonrider soul that’s pretty hilarious.
#25 Posted by smokeyd123 (360 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@kishinfoulux: I’ve made a few pretty good weapons out of the Flexile Sentry and Dragonrider’s souls. Not having a burn a +10 weapon really increases their value.

#26 Edited by azrailx (573 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@sterling said:

There is another boss soul weapon crafter available later in the game that also require a branch of yore

#27 Edited by Jocund (127 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
@demoskinos: I don’t have the game in front of me right now, but it’s got about a 30 strength requirement, starts out with a damage output around the upper hundreds and scales pretty well with strength. Upgrading it increases the scaling, too. It’s probably not the best weapon ever, but it’s decently speedy for its size and does a good deal of damage, I think.
#28 Posted by Wemibelle (2325 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I ended up saving them all, with the intent of popping them if I wanted to level a bunch. I never needed to. They are all sitting in my item box as I sit post-game.
#29 Edited by Sarumarine (2580 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I don’t know yet for Dark Souls II, but usually I save all the boss souls until the final battle and then use them all in succession for a final level up session. The problem is that boss souls make gimmick weapons that you can’t even use unless you’ve looked them up ahead of time and have the right stats. All the ones I went out of my way to make in Dark Souls were extremely underwhelming or too annoying to use (such as draining your health every time you attack, or being extremely fragile, etc.) I suppose they’re something to screw around with, but I’d never count on them to make anything useful. I’d rather just use them for the raw souls.
#30 Posted by Sterling (4073 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I just consumed all the souls I had for things I didn’t want to trade for. And how disappointing. I consumed 9 boss souls for 64,000 souls. Weak. 5 were for 6,000, 3 for 8,000 and 1 for 10,000. And the weapons/spells they traded for where things I would never use with this character, or just didn’t want to shape him to use them. I’ve only traded in like 4 or 5. I got a shield and a few weapons. But I only use the one weapon.
#31 Posted by Shadowcoust (41 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
Best idea is prolly to save ’em all up until you reach the Blacksmiths who can craft them boss souls weapons, but if memory serves me right most of those weapons were pretty useless in Dark Souls 1 & Demon Souls. Not sure if they decided to make boss souls weapons more legit in DS2.
#32 Posted by EthanielRain (1224 posts) – 2 years, 8 months ago
I eat them, as I already found the weapon I’ll never change from 🙂

@sterling said:

Yeah a lot of them are kinda weak, but the main ones give ~25k per.

Avatar image for sammo21